together in texas

Thursday, June 9, 2011

ManTeL in BlOom

remember ME, remember my PEONIES ?!?! 

here WAS my mantel a few weeks ago...i have been on a blogging hiatus as you have probably noticed. i have many excuses ready for you: lazy, out of town & lazy. yep, that is all i have to report. so i might go on a posting binge and prove that i am really not that lazy!! i have been determined to get my house together and it has cost me lots of sleep and bottles of wine but i am finally getting somewhere. expect to see some before and after photos in the near future. 

finally unpacked all the hobnail milk glass, this is only a small portion of my collection i must admit.
still can't believe these pretty flowers came from my backyard!

loving how the turquoise mirror brings out the same color in the drapes..i don't particularly like the word curtains i have just decided.
 i was moving my mom's Texas truck at the dairy and spotted this mirror in the back seat and knew it had to come home with me. she picked it up one day and yes i am "borrowing" it. it is kinda like stealing clothes from your sister's closet but i prefer to take vintage finds from my mom's pick-up!

 still looking for the perfect color for the walls..whatever this color is..needs to go!! soon the carpet will be history too!

  milk glass vase..an Amarillo goodwill find ;)

about the mantel...my mom SAVED it from a consignment store in phoenix and has had it in her courtyard for over a year and brought it over to Texas for me cause i desperately needed it for decorating purposes!! i am already dreaming of  Christmas stocking's!! 

random photo of the wall in the entry way. just love the old window and the simple bible verse

= forever

lil nathan wanted to be part of the photo shoot too! he threw the burlap pillow across the room, sat in the chair and said "mommy..cheese". to this day the burlap pillow sits perfectly on the bistro chair just like the photos above but the peonies are no longer. every time i looked at the mantel full of peonies it just made me smile and thank God for creating such beautiful simple moments. 

2 comments:

  1. Those flowers are amazing!!!!! And I will be making that pillow now too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! i got the pillow on etsy..but i bet it would super easy to make:) can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete