together in texas

Monday, June 27, 2011

d.a.d.


Texas Sheet Cake..do i need to say more!!!
but really both my husband and my dad mean the world to me!!
i have baked this cake for over 15 years for my dad and it is still our favorite. it did occur to me that this would be the first time we had "TEXAS" sheet cake in "TEXAS"..i guess it was mean't to be.

i made this banner out of a paper bag, yarn, skewers, sharpie, scissors and tape in about 5 minutes.
could be better but it worked.

YES..that is me and my dad in the b&w picture. he is soooo channeling tom sellek with the mustache!!

major resemblance don't you agree?!?
this is an actual tom selleck picture by the way.

natey (and maybe his mom too) wanted to make sure the texas sheet cake was "ok" to eat! 
what a thoughtful child.

playing in the yard with the boys. this is what summer is about..and this is what we do just about everyday!!

we have the freezer loaded with Popsicles for this little guy who usually has to have one in each hand.
clothing is also optional for small kids...

how perfect on our back fence to tell those special men..
"happy father's day"

 and we LOVE you!!


o what a happy day!!





Life Lessons


You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.


Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.


Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The woman I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.


I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.


By Joanna Fuchs



this little Blondie just melts my heart!!

this guy melts my heart too!!

and then we feasted on salmon. my dad just got back from a fishing trip up in Alaska so the fish was fresh of the airplane and now in the little ol' town of Friona!
Nathan prepared the salmon filet's, goat cheese and beet salad (with his homemade dressing) and herbed rice pilaf! usually you would think someone else..ME.. would cook for this special day but Nathan is by far my favorite chef (along with his mom and sisters)!!!

the 3 different kinds of salmon the chef cooked up for us..my favorite was the peanut butter teriyaki!!
~peanut butter teriyaki
~garlic & herb
~tomato basil

nathan...me...dad...justin p...his lovely girlfriend jessica taking the photo.

more salmon and halibut (not shown in the freezer door) at the dairy office.

why the hungry.man.....that would be my dad's.....he doesn't cook :)


No comments:

Post a Comment