together in texas

Sunday, May 15, 2011

JuNk N' peoNieS


i pretty much live for junking these days... i tell the hub, "i want nothing" for mother's because i rather find some spectacular goods out antiquing..and the other weekend i did GooD up in amarillo, texas. i get so much satisfaction out of old things..call me crazy honey, but no store bought gift can make me more happy than a beat up ol'object!!
tri-pod floor lamp that was only $15 buckaroos from a funky thrift shop in canyon, texas. very similar to the restoration hardware and pottery barn lamps. i'll take it!! but don't charge extra with the dust on it!! a little dirt don't hurt!!

origninal vintage barn house enamel light..HOLY SMOKES! notice i underlined enamel folks!!!  this baby is going up in the kitchen. this was an amazing find for me because i adore old barn like fixtures from http://www.barnlightelectric.com/ ....and i found the real deal for only $30 buckaroos!!

i have had my eye on this old metal sign since the first time i stepped foot into this store..happy mother's day to me!!

more treaures and bigger objects(not pictured) that had to be picked up later....i will show you later my friend.
all the while..something big and grand was about to bloom in my very own yard!!

a wonderful surprise...PEONIES blooming the week of mother's day ! bless the women who planted my MOST FAVORITE flower!! i  have 4 blooming peonies bushes in my backyard i wasn't even aware that existed until a few days ago when they started opening up.

"The traditional floral symbol of China, the state flower of Indiana, and the 12th wedding anniversary flower, peonies are known as the flower of riches and honor.  With their lush, full, rounded bloom, peonies embody romance and prosperity and are regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage. " sounds good to me!!
found at this webite http://www.teleflora.com






i had peonies in my wedding bouquet by the way. so having them in my backyard is just beyond words!


No comments:

Post a Comment